Scholarship Overview 2019
The Scarborough Foundation awards scholarships and grants to assist in the educational advancement of public school students who display extraordinary natural abilities in music, dance, theater and the recording arts and sciences. The Scarborough Foundation is a non-profit IRS-501 (c) (3) public charity.
The scholarship is available to elementary school, middle school and 9th to 11th grade high school students. The scholarship or grant will be a non-renewable gift paid to the organization providing the course of study on behalf of the student.
Our Selection Committee will determine which students will receive the scholarships or grants. The recipients will be recognized at the annual awards event on July 3, 2019.
The following criteria must be met:
- Must attend a public elementary, middle or high school within the State of Maryland.
- Must have letter of recommendation from performing arts department or school counselor with principal’s approval.
- Must have a C average or better in core classes in elementary and middle school grades and a 3.0 GPA in high school.
- Must submit copy of most recent report card with application.
- Must audition.
- Must write 200-word essay if in elementary or middle school and a 300-word essay in high school explaining why you should receive the scholarship or grant.
- Auditions can be in person or by video submission displaying the applicant’s specific talent.
All applications must be received by April 15, 2019. Incomplete applications or applications submitted after the deadline will not be eligible for awards. Auditions will be held during the month of May 2019. The time and location will be posted. Notification of committee’s decision will be made no later than June 3, 2019.
Thank you for taking the time to apply for The Scarborough Foundation scholarship!
To ensure we have all the information needed for evaluation, please complete this online application in full.