Scholarship Overview 2024
The Scarborough Foundation awards scholarships and grants to assist in the educational advancement of public school students who display extraordinary natural abilities in music, dance, theater and the recording arts and sciences. The Scarborough Foundation is a non-profit IRS-501 (c) (3) public charity.
The scholarship is available to elementary school, middle school and high school students. The scholarship or grant will be a non-renewable gift paid to the organization providing the course of study on behalf of the student.
Our Selection Committee will determine which students will receive the scholarships or grants.
The following criteria must be met:
- Must attend a public elementary, middle or high school within the State of Maryland.
- Must have letter of recommendation from performing arts department or school counselor with principal’s approval.
- Must have a C average or better in core classes in elementary and middle school grades and a 3.0 GPA in high school.
- Must submit copy of most recent report card with application.
- Must audition. In consideration of our health and safety concerns, instead of in person auditions, a video displaying the applicant’s specific talent will be accepted.
- Must write 200-word essay if in elementary or middle school and a 300-word essay in high school explaining why you should receive the scholarship or grant.
All applications and audition videos must be received by May 6, 2024. Incomplete applications or applications submitted after the deadline will not be eligible for awards. Notification of committee’s decision will be made no later than June 3, 2024.
Thank you for taking the time to apply for The Scarborough Foundation scholarship!
To ensure we have all the information needed for evaluation, please complete this online application in full.